Saturday, March 26, 2011

Hum

After driving past this huge dilapidated old house several times in the past few weeks, I was intrigued and had to stop in for a visit. Turns out it's a heritage site and the owners are renovating. At the moment they just serve coffee (Kokako) and slices, but they are planning exciting things for this place - apparently the kitchen will be open in about 6 months and it'll be a cafe, restaurant, bar & venue. What a massive (extra curricular?) project! In the meantime you can pick a couch on the veranda and chill out with a flat white. 
Hum, 123 Grafton Rd, Auckland.

5 comments:

  1. oh wow I want to go there! the list of things to visit in New Zealand is growing due to your lovely little mag! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been so intrigued by this place since moving home! So glad to hear the plans for it, will definitely have to stop in for a slice soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I went in last night too, me and my boyfriend always dreamed of buying this place and doing a smilar thing. They are having a party on saturday, $10 at the door and it goes from 2pm until 1am, all local bands. I am so there! The coffee is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, I remember that building from when I was at Whitecliffe Art School, Grafton has some great heritage buildings!

    ReplyDelete